The Maintenance Technician performs maintenance and repairs as required on all plant equipment in a timely manner to ensure the production facility is able to meet production demands
• Monitor and maintain packaging equipment – respond to troubleshooting calls made by machine operators.
• Monitor and maintain roasting & grinding equipment – respond to troubleshooting calls made by operators.
• Perform and document preventive maintenance activities on all production equipment
• Routinely perform complete facility tours to assess condition of equipment. Document all inspections and findings for production records.
• Frequently climb stairs and ladders to execute functions that occur on upper levels in the production facilities.
• Setup machinery to run - including film/corrugate/tape/label printing.
• Maintain housekeeping and maintain GMP standards for the maintenance shop
• Suggest and execute improvement ideas to help improve efficiencies and operability of the production facility
• Train operators on troubleshooting and repair techniques that will assist in daily production operation
• Follow GMP rules while in a designated GMP area
• Uphold integrity of the SQF system and Food Safety Policy
High school diploma or GED required
1-2 years’ previous work experience as a machine operator preferred.
Ability to lift 50lbs
Ability stand on feet for majority of day
Ability to utilize hand tools, electrical test equipment and various power tools.
Back fill for Machine Operators as required by production
- Certify and drive Forklift if necessary