Under the supervision of Lead Maintenance Technician assists with the implementation and documentation of site safety plans, all Westfield engineering operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department. These duties include but are not limited to the installation, repair, and maintenance of the facility equipment.
Supports Lead Maintenance Technician with oversight and upkeep of the physical plant, including grounds, utility services, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, electronicsystems, carpentry, plumbing, etc. and performs other tasks as assigned in the best manner possible for the safety and health of all concerned, and coordinate these activities as needed.
Supports all preventive maintenance repair operations, follows schedules for emergency repair activities according to priorities set by Lead Maintenance Technician. Has knowledge in areas such as electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures. Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, insuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with Westfield standards. Supports Lead Maintenance Technician for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the engineering department.
Participates in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities’ such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control, etc. Assists with developing a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance, and inspecting all capital and non-capital equipment within the facility and communicates this to Westfield management. Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provide assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors. Assists in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required. Supports standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance.
Assists with establishing plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy. Follows policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with management supervisors and employees. Embraces habits and attitudes for improved performance and good employee attitudes. Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards and promotes good housekeeping principles. Supports a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility. Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
- Supports and follows Westfield operational policies and standards
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the aesthetic of the mall and maintaining a consistently high customer experience.
- Sets and maintains a professional work environment.
- Ensure standards of service and commitment.
- Functions include daily walkthroughs of the center.
- Inspects the interior / exterior of the building on a daily basis and follows up on any deficiencies noted.
- Processes administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports to and collaborates with management of the facility related issues.
- As appropriate, records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Follows department work schedules and performs work orders.
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Perform related duties as required – a “can do, will do” attitude.
- Utilizes the CMMS system and ECOWISE system to efficiently manage the operation of the center. Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases and ensuring these tools are fully utilized.
- Coordinates parts, supplies and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Oversees any on-site equipment or asset inventory.
- Supports and follows Westfield safety program.
- Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Inspects and maintains fire life safety systems
- Maintains all fire and life safety systems according to local code and in a way that protects visitors, shoppers and employees.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and others at all times to ensure compliance with all safety programs at the direction of Risk Management.
- Responsible to report any unsafe practices or unsafe conditions to the attention of their supervisor.
- Facilitates with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the center-level management team.
- Attends required training classes and programs as appropriate.
- Assures good communication.
- Works with management on plant related and tenant related issues.
- Participates in regular required communication meetings with Facilities staff and Center management.
- Develops goals for department and self.
- Builds morale and a team approach.
- Complies with employment laws and employment practices.
- Supports growth opportunities and potential.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position and a requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Sr. Maintenance Technician. Prefer 3+ years progressive operations experience preferably within a retail environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience preferred.
- Should have computer proficiency with familiarity and experience with CMMS computer based work order systems.
- Ability to perform tasks that require bending, climbing, walking and use of extremities.
- Able to operate and use bench and portable tools
- General familiarity with public area and back of house risk areas of a shopping center and measures used to reduce risk in these areas.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during operating hours of the center.
- Must be able to respond to the property 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to handle emergencies.
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
URW is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.