Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative's cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees in nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues, and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
The position is located at our Wisconsin Rapids Manufacturing Facility in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Technician:
- Serves as maintenance in the service of the production equipment, to ensure optimal performance; responds to equipment process concerns; assists the Maintenance Planner in the priorities of repairs, PM/CM and job plans as needed.
- Adhere to schedules and operational procedures including safety precautions related to the process equipment and for performing assigned tasks. Take appropriate actions and make recommendations to assure safe working environment. Performs safety checks on equipment prior to the season of operations; perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance; perform diagnostic and troubleshooting procedures.
- Participates in daily maintenance projects and tasks.
- Participated in preparatory meetings for maintenance day overhauls and production cleans.
- Perform follow-up checks to previous day/weekend work or repairs assigned and/or completed by mechanics.
- Report all Production equipment safety and operational hazardous findings to the EHS and Maintenance Manager and generate follow-up work orders to the appropriate department for resolution.
- Assists in the CAP Suggestions schedule and updates to the Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain adequate supply of inventory for projects through PR's (purchase requisitions).
- Report to Maintenance Planner and/or Maintenance Manager on project progress and/or concerns, work-loads, schedules and/or interruptions to the schedule.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Provides support in the development of short and long range plans.
- Support the development of Maintenance SOP's.
- Confers with Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Manager to determine work priorities, supplies required.
- Inspects and records work performed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- The incumbent needs a diversified background with strong educational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used in modern equipment maintenance.
- Ability to maintain effective preventive maintenance programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work ail shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of project work and principles, practices, and equipment. Expectation is to eliminate outside contracting work into the building, reducing contracted costs.
- Knowledge of safety precautions used in all of the facility's equipment.
- Skill in installing and repairing process equipment and systems.
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and manuals.
- Skills in troubleshooting problems in mechanical systems and recommend corrective actions.
- Skills in using industrial equipment and tools. Expectation to eliminate outside contracting systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and representatives from all levels.
- Interest in and ability to lead employees and delegate work assignments in the production and project areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Participate in major/minor installations.
- Participate in PMICM process.
- Must be able to lift low to heavy weight (10 - 60 Ibs.) materials and carry 50 — 60 lbs occasionally.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time during the twelve hour shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders and traverse catwalks.
- Good interpersonal skills associated with the need to work constructively in team environment.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work a 12-hour shift as required.
- Ability to operate a computer and CMS systems.
- Ability to manually operate equipment.
6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0