Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Maintenance Worker for our Granite City, IL facility, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Take immediate action to mitigate any unsafe condition when noted. Report such conditions to the Regional Facility
- Maintain the building and associated equipment to ensure the safety of all occupants.
- Make routine decisions within established guidelines.
- Assist with training new staff.
- Prioritize and complete work orders.
- Carpentry: perform basic rough and finished carpentry repairs on structures such as partitions, drywall, drywall finishing, doors, fences, office furniture, shelves, and painting.
- Plumbing: identify and perform repairs to plumbing piping and fixtures; open clogged lines and drains; replace seals and other parts; maintain and repair drinking fountains and appliances.
- Perform basic electrical repair work on switches, outlets, plugs, and lighting systems.
- Maintain tools and supplies.
- Prepare vacated rooms/apartments for incoming tenant(s).
- Maintain the safety of agency vehicles, immediately removing vehicle(s) from service if unsafe conditions are found. Report such circumstances to your supervisor.
- Ensure all required maintenance is performed and vehicles are kept clean.
- Complete and process weekly vehicle inspection and correct any discrepancies. Report such circumstances to your supervisor.
- Assist in completing building inspections (i.e., life safety code, monthly building inspection). Correct all discrepancies and report actions to supervisor.
- Prepare damage invoices and supporting documentation, submit for reimbursement through your supervisor.
- Unload and stock food (where applicable).
- Stock supplies as needed (where applicable).
- Maintain the cleanliness and safe condition of the walkways, parking lots and grounds (i.e., removing snow and ice, cleaning debris).
- Ensure the shrubs and flower beds are maintained; prune trees and shrubs; remove weeds.
- Ensure all trash is emptied (where applicable).
- Ensure all floors are maintained.
- Provide support and backup to other team members as necessary.
- Coordinate room setups including furniture moves and equipment moves.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the buildings is maintained.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Adhere to agency personnel policies, including but not limited to, dress code, client care, and maintain appropriate client boundaries.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities, including but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of building maintenance experience in at least two of the following disciplines: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems.
- Good communication and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be able to lift and push a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and work off a ladder.
- Requires basic computer skills with experience in MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook.
- Should possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and meet standards for agency auto insurance coverage.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled