Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market's most fully-integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local's casino experience featuring 2,300 Las Vegas style slots and over 65 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region's most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region's top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more.
Open 24/7, 365 days a year, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is located at the corner of U.S. 441 (State Road 7) and Sample Road at 5550 NW 40 Street in Coconut Creek, Fla. For more information, call 954.977.6700; visit us online at CasinoCoco.com<http://CasinoCoco.com><http://seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/> or facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek<http://facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek>
/> and Twitter @SemCasinoCoCo<http://twitter.com/#!/semcasinococo>
Our Commitment to Service:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
Under the direction of the Facilities Shift Supervisor, this person completes assigned general maintenance duties. Maintains tools, equipment an supplies in good, clean, operating order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
- Responds to maintenance service calls in a timely manor.
- Fills out maintenance request forms when task is complete and turns them in to the Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
- General repairs to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and all other guest and facilities work requests.
- Maintains technical logs and records all relevant data as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s policies, procedures and schedules to insure minimal interruption to business operations and to prioritize projects appropriately.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible/non-compatible duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or technical certificate as well as a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience with commercial/industrial plumbing or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent hand/eye coordination as well as close vision.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret schematics, plans, and diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Prolonged period of walking, reaching, climbing and moving/carrying weight of up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in high and low/precarious places, be near fiberglass insulation and under sinks and cabinets.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).