At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Maintenance Worker who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Maintenance Worker installs, maintains and repairs the facility's building structures and systems, including plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures, machinery, equipment, electronics, vehicles and grounds.
- Maintain/repair physical structure of facility in keeping with safe/secure operations of the facility.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair machines and equipment.
- Install/repair electrical apparatus such as wiring or electronic components of machinery/equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment according to the preventative maintenance plan.
- Provide proper supervision and tracking of inmates/residents assigned to Maintenance Department.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in general maintenance or construction is required.
- Additional equivalent technical/trade school courses in a maintenance or construction related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Knowledge of building construction and the operation of building systems is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.