Major Account Executive - Fire Systems
What you will do
The Major CommercialAccount Executive is part of our Building Technologies amp; Solutions businessat Johnson Controls. We are searching for a seasoned sales professionalwho can sell our Security products and services.
Working in an assignedarea, the Major Account Executive is responsible for developing and expandingbusiness with large existing and new commercial accounts that span multipleterritories. Incumbent is responsible for account management for largecommercial accounts that span multiple territories as well as designatedvertical accounts. This rep will have a commanding knowledge of ourproduct line, as well as that of our services. Major Account Executive isresponsible for sale of more sophisticated, integrated solutions and products.Provides input such as, relevant market information relating to sales,competition and marketing strategies, vision and goals.
How you will do it
- Adhere to currentJohnson Controls policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
- Create new market shareby selling a broad range of Johnson Controls products and services todesignated new and existing regional and vertical market commercial customers
- Sell integratedsolutions to regional named accounts; sales consisting of integrated videosurveillance, access control and other networked applications, as well as allfire sales. Fire jobs, where NICET certification and an understanding of localmunicipal codes are required will be estimated, confirmed, and sold by thisindividual.
- Add-on, amend, convertexisting customer systems to meet the customers' expectations.
- Renew existing customeragreements.
- Drive wider and deeperaccount penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactivecontact with corporate accounts; building, expanding and maintaining strongrelationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance)and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations.
- Contact and securepotential new major account business and maintain existing business through:
- Contact corporateaccounts both in person and by phone;
- Represent the company attrade shows.
- Contact existing andpotential customers on a regular basis
- Identify prospectsutilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive workingrelationships with existing customers.
- Independently establishcall plans and customer follow-up strategies, and apply time and territorymanagement techniques.
- Follow up with prospectson a frequent and timely basis.
- Maintain an in-depthknowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needsthrough in-house training, networking and reading/research.
- Obtain referrals andwork with Centers of Influence.
- Process work order andcomplete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
- Conduct postinstallation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were metand affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
What we look for
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, including three (3) years of major accounts sales, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota.
- Sales experience in the Fire and Life Safety industry
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls organizations:
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Builds Effective Teams
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Managing Diversity
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Developing Direct Reports amp; Others
- Available for local/regional travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job Sales Marketing
Primary Location US-CA-Hayward
Organization Bldg Technologies Solutions