Title*: Malaria Serology Lab Quality Assurance Manager
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Odyssey Systems is seeking a Malaria Serology Lab Quality Assurance Manager to support the Malaria Vaccine Research program for the Malaria Vaccine Program at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research to conduct an analysis of samples from preclinical and clinical studies to test and evaluate the immunogenicity and efficacy of malaria vaccine candidates.
*** This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award. ***
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Sustain a high degree of assay consistency and reproducibility of data by checking all data integrity, developing formal SOPs and ensuring adherence to GCLP standards and Federal guidelines;
- Monitor training requirements of all MSL staff and develop validation and qualification plans for assays;
- Assist in assay development;
- Troubleshoot and further expand laboratory capabilities. This includes but is not limited to: ELISA, Softmax Pro GXP Avidity, IFA, Luminex, and Biosensor technology.
- Be cross-trained in optimizing and operating multiple specialized assay platforms to include ELISA, IFA, Luminex, and biosensor technology.
- Have a broad knowledge base of malaria and immunochemistry in order to troubleshoot and further expand laboratory capabilities.
- Be qualified to perform multiple assay platforms and ensure high sample throughput to maintain the Malaria Serology Laboratory capacity to perform the high volume of sample analysis required to meet the demands of the USMMVP, MMRP, and the MSLs non-DoD funders (USAID and PATHMVI)
- Work directly with the lab PI (Chief, Clinical Immunoparasitology, and MVB) to develop novel assays using alternate technologies ensuring the MSL maintains and cultivates cutting edge technologies to increase lab visibility worldwide, fostering new funding opportunities and scientific partnerships.
- Routinely produce scientific papers, journal articles, assay validation reports, and other scientific outcome reports.
- BS in life sciences, biostatistics or equivalent/related discipline
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of method validation, statistical analysis, and laboratory audits and accreditation. Proficiency in molecular, biochemical, parasitological and immunological assays development and optimization, biostatistical analysis methods.
- Familiarity with Softmax Pro/GxP, Spectramax, BioTek ELx405 and LS, Data management and quality control/assurance.
- MS in life sciences, biostatistics or equivalent/related discipline
- GCLP, GLP, Microscopy, and Data management certifications desired
- US Citizenship required
- National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI)
- Travel may be required
Availability of positions is contingent upon contract award.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Gym Memberships
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development