Mammographer Technologist I performs mammography and specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease. S/he will also perform general diagnostic procedures. This person will work with a diverse patient population meeting their physical and psychological needs while ensuring quality of images by following all radiology protocols. S/he will apply principles of radiation safety in compliance with federal, state and departmental standards, while assuring patient safety and satisfaction during radiographic procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains a high degree of accuracy in mammography positioning and exposure technique.
• Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies.
• Serves as the primary liaison between patients and Radiologists and other members of the support team.
• Demonstrates an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
• Recognizes and reports equipment malfunctions. Coordinates service for repairs.
• Understands use of equipment to maximize diagnostic image quality and outcome.
• Practices ALARA and demonstrates expertise in minimizing the radiation exposure to the patient, self, and other members of the health care team by
utilizing equipment and lead accessories in accordance with an accepted standard of practice.
• Exercises clinical judgment, critiques images and makes necessary adjustments in technical factors, patient positioning, supplemental views etc.
within the scope of practice.
• Obtains and documents pertinent information and confers with the radiologist or other providers for purposes of clarifying orders to ensure
appropriateness of examination.
• Preserves and protects the confidentiality of any information, either medical or personal, acquired through professional contact with the patient and
adheres to HIPAA regulations.
• Adheres to OSHA regulations and follows universal precaution guidelines.
• Maintains clean working area and supplies.
• Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all clinic personnel, providers and vendors.
• Make patients feel comfortable and assures patient safety and satisfaction during radiographic procedures.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) and specialty license in Mammography CRT (M) by the State of California required.
• Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
• Possession of a sound working knowledge of radiologic techniques, principles, positioning, and safety.
• Ability to perform screening, diagnostic and supplemental imaging up to and including implant exams.
• Must have strong customer service and communication skills with the ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to carry out oral and written instructions regarding imaging procedures.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast pace environment, stressful situations, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Experience with Breast Biopsies and DEXA scans preferred.
• Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.
• Must be able to fluently read, write and speak English
• The ability to speak Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) highly preferred
This is a FLSA non-exempt position.
This is a OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.