Mammography Tech - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Practice safe procedures and adheres to radiation safety measures under the supervision of the Radiology Manager or the Radiologist.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in mammography positioning and exposure technique.
- Use professional and ethical judgement and critical thinking when performing their duties.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks Mammography rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by Manager.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology/ Imaging Center Department.
- Performs mammograms in accordance with FDA and state regulations.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in mammography positioning and exposure technique.
- Serves as the primary liaison between patients and Radiologists and other members of the support team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Stand for long periods with frequent squatting, twisting, bending, kneeling and reaching to prepare equipment, materials or objects in order to provide patient care or maintain the patient environment.
- Frequently move/lift between 50-100 pounds, depending on assignment requirements
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of approved AMA program of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be Registered ARRT.
- Must be licensed in the state of Texas.
- Registered in Mammography.
Performs mammography procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as assigned.