The Mammography Technologist must hold all certifications and licenses related to their scope of practice. S/he must be able to handle a high volume, fast paced environment with a pleasant disposition. S/he is responsible for maintaining all quality control records, ACR accreditation forms and daily logs for modality specific areas. S/he must be proficient in the use of computer software, ie: PACS, eRad, and Athena Clinicals and Communicator. S/he must obtain a detailed history on every exam performed in their specific modality for presentation to the Radiologist. S/he must be able to schedule all special procedures and biopsies daily as needed. S/he must follow all safety protocol to ensure safety of patients and equipment. S/he must be able to multi task with attention to detail. S/he must read and respond to communication from manager in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Approaches change or newness positively- Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth, focuses on the beneficial aspects of change, speaks positively about the change to others.
- Acknowledges the person-greet customers promptly and courteously, gives customers full attention.
- Actively listens- Handles upset customers by hearing the customer out, empathizing apologizing, and taking personal responsibility for resolving customer problem/issues.
- Checks Equipment- monitors and checks equipment and work area in order to ensure operational and safety compliance.
- Demonstrates concern and empathy to patients. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility and performs procedures in a caring, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Performs examinations in accordance with established standing operation procedures and routines accurately and in a timely manner. Responsible for Imaging, recording and processing images.
- Obtains and document a complete patient history as it relates to the procedure ordered, obtains informed consent in accordance with departmental policy and procedure.
- Maintains effective communication with patient provides; explanation of procedures within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting (patient case) in Athena. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with radiologist regarding unusual clinical findings, history, test results and or their implication.
- Ensures physician order for procedure is entered accurately. Consults appropriate resources to clarify unfamiliar or questionable orders.
- Optimize use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring high level of clinical care at lowest cost. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety or quality of care.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring orders match diagnosis to ensure proper reimbursement for services.
- Demonstrates a patient first approach to care/Introduces self and role to patient. Acts as a patient advocate in keeping the best interests and care of the patient at the forefront at all times.
- Willingly assists co-workers to achieve goals. Acts as a resource to co-workers as appropriate.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organization, educational opportunities, etc.
- Acts as an "ambassador" for MPG by promoting a professional and positive image of the organizations capabilities and services to the public.