Organization: Adventist Health Bakersfield
Primary Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Job Posting: Aug 27, 2019, 5:57:11 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Bakersfield is comprehensive health care organization serving the city of Bakersfield and outlying communities of Kern County through a 254-bed acute care hospital, The AIS Cancer Center, three Quest Imaging locations and the Adventist Health Physicians Network. Our deep roots in Kern County reflect more than a century’s worth of providing exceptional, faith-based health care services. Consistently ranked as the region’s Most Preferred Hospital, Adventist Health Bakersfield has also been named a Distinguished Hospital by Healthgrades for three years in a row, putting it in the top 5 percent in the nation for quality and excellence. With its central location and access to some of the most affordable housing on the west coast, it’s no surprise that Adventist Health Bakersfield is helping to pave the way for community growth.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Mammography Technologist (PD) who:
Performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease. Performs all required procedures in the department while operating specialized equipment. Acts as a competent clinician who provides clinical care in a skilled and effective manner, utilizing appropriate technical and decision-making skills.
- Completes patient education regarding the exam while promoting privacy and comfort for the patient. Follows infection control and safety guidelines.
- Performs diagnostic or screening mammogram as ordered. Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies. Produces high quality films for the radiologist to evaluate and completes appropriate documentation.
- Obtains pertinent patient information and disseminates subsequent patient preparation instructions to patient care areas.
- Elevates questions, problems and significant challenges to more senior staff for direction or subject matter expertise.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in radiological technology or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Experience as a Mammography Technologist: Preferred
- Certification of Radiologic Technologists (CRT) in Mammography from the state of practice: Required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification: Required