Organization: Adventist Health Castle
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Kailua
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2019, 5:18:09 AM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located minutes from Lanikai Beach in Windward Oahu, Adventist Health Castle is nestled at the base of the beautiful Ko’olau mountain range. More than just a beautiful campus, AHCS also one of five organizations nationwide to receive the 2017 Baldrige National Quality Award.
Featuring a full-service medical center, Castle offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services, with over 1,000 employees and staffed by more than 300 physicians. Located just outside of Kailua, AHCS serves all of O'ahu and is the primary health care facility for the Windward side of the island.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Mammography Technologist who:
Performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease. Performs all required procedures in the department while operating specialized equipment. Acts as a competent clinician who provides clinical care in a skilled and effective manner, utilizing appropriate technical and decision-making skills.
- Completes patient education regarding the exam while promoting privacy and comfort for the patient. Follows infection control and safety guidelines.
- Performs diagnostic or screening mammogram as ordered. Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies. Produces high quality films for the radiologist to evaluate and completes appropriate documentation.
- Obtains pertinent patient information and disseminates subsequent patient preparation instructions to patient care areas.
- Elevates questions, problems and significant challenges to more senior staff for direction or subject matter expertise.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology: Preferred
- Experience as a Mammography Technologist: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- CALIFORNIAFluoroscopy license: Preferred
- Venipuncture certification: Preferred
- CALIFORNIA AND HAWAII Certification as a Radiologic (CRT) and Mammography Technologist: Required
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; R.T. (R)(M)(ARRT): Required
- OREGONRegistered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; R.T. (R)(M)(ARRT): Required
- Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) Radiologic Technologist License: Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS): Required