Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
RMC has a Management Analyst position within the Environmental and Safety Division supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) Siting Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse is responsible for reviewing, approving, and tracking proposed utility-scale energy projects (e.g., wind turbines) that may have the potential to impact DoD test and training ranges, operating areas, and airspaces.
DoD Siting Clearinghouse support will involve:
- Working with state/local/county government to provide the DoD with improved statutory and regulatory protections from encroachment.
- Researching and assessing energy and transmission line projects for impact on the DoD mission using the Federal Aviation Administration Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis (FAA OE/AAA) tool.
- Processing Informal Project Reviews sent to the Clearinghouse by energy developers.
- Collating and preparing responses on the DoD’s assessment of energy projects to the energy industry, project developers, or to federal, state, and local agencies.
- Coordinating mitigation options with project developers if impacts are anticipated.
- Maintaining a repository of proposed and ongoing projects and DoD assessments and decisions.
- Preparing reports for the Clearinghouse Board of Directors, Mitigation Oversight Committee, Office of the Deputy Secretary of Defense, and Congress.
- Reviewing Federal policy; developing briefing and outreach materials; writing press releases and articles; and representing the Clearinghouse at outreach events for government, military, and general public audiences.
Candidates should have strong organizational and communication skills; ArcGIS and Microsoft Access experience a plus.
Minimum of 5 years in subject matter area. Master’s Degree may substitute for two years’ experience. Must have at least three years’ supervisory experience.
Security Clearance: An active DoD Secret clearance is required to start. Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.