Management Consultant, Washington DC (ID#15395)
**Active Top Secret clearance required**
Candidates without a Top Secret will not be considered.
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
The Management Analyst I are responsible for providing a variety of client services to assist spouses and family members of direct-hire U.S. government employees serving overseas. Services are delivered in person through individual coaching, training and presentations, publications, and networking with businesses and virtually via telephone, meetings, webinars, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Continuously develop, build and maintain a regional network of contacts with senior level management in Private corporations, non-government organizations, American Chamber of Commerce, including the U.S. Diplomatic community, e.g., those in U.S. embassy economic and public affairs sections and the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service.
- Provide individual client counseling personally and/or through electronic communication in order to assist in the job search process. Be aware of, and sensitive to, the employment issues facing Foreign Service family members in a mobile lifestyle.
- Provide feedback and advice on ways to improve their marketability through delivery of workshops or webinars addressing issues such as resume writing, job goal definition, networking and interviewing skills, and drafting acceptable cover letters.
- Jointly develop a client-marketing plan and support client skills assessment and professional development.
- Provide contacts of individuals and companies for informational interviewing or networking purposes in the region. In countries where there is no bilateral agreement, provide information and support on teleworking, home-based entrepreneurship and portable career options, strategic volunteering and continuing education.
- Maintain regular virtual communication with clients to provide encouragement and for tracking purposes.
- Brief in-coming family members posted to or bidding on posts in your region on employment in country on the local economy.
- Travel to larger posts (70 or more adult family members) annually to build relationships with the business community, embassy contacts, CLO, and family members and to promote GEI services.
- Communicate periodically with Human Resources Officers and CLOs regarding availability of jobs within the mission, as well as information and requirements of local labor law and the work permit process.
- Coordinate and work with CLO to maximize communication with family members through electronic communication, social media, webinars, orientation programs and social activities as appropriate.
- Administer ongoing marketing outreach program to promote the features and benefits of the program to potential employers and to clients.
- Produce, edit, or update FLO employment publications/resources as requested.
- Prepare monthly and other reports, as required.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in management or business and 3 years of related experience.
Controlled climate office environment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at " CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com " This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.