Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team to develop and facilitate sound business practices in the project controls, finance/budget and contracting programs to support and enable the Facilities Operations teams be successful. This will include helping them to manage their project portfolio, operations and maintenance and operational budget needs and aid in the improved predictability of long-range budget planning. You will be responsible for organizing budget inputs on both Opex and Capex, providing summary reporting and surfacing insights with key stakeholders, tracking procurement actions, and improving various process efficiency. You will be expected to use data to provide trend analysis and make meaningful recommendations to drive action towards more predictable financial performance based on known business changes. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing a high performing team, strategic and tactical execution of finance and business processes, predictive analysis of large data sets and a good understanding of processes related to operations and maintenance and project management in critical environments.
1. Lead a team of regional leads focusing on financial control, contracting strategy and capital planning processes, providing support to their data center teams
2. Manage and support your direct reports, drive accountability and best practices, and drive team and individual goals successfully
3. Ensure consistency in implementing global processes across all the regions, and drive process improvements based on feedback from the sites
4. Provide budgetary, finance, and business operations support to Data Center Facility Operations teams who manage the various infrastructure improvement projects and day-to-day operating needs at one of the regions
5. Be the primary lead in your region in supporting the sites on Project planning, controls, scheduling, as well as other business processes such as contracting, etc. The processes are developed by other team members but this role will help implement them
6. Seek feedback from the field and help the program leads improve processes to create efficiency and facilitate decision-making
7. Lead development of the long range (5+ years) budget forecast based on long range plans. Actively facilitate this budget preparation process across multiple stakeholders in variable time zones
8. Lead quarterly budget refreshes based on changes in short term plan assumptions with key stakeholders and lead the end of quarter/year closeout processes - accruals, financial data consolidation and reporting for fixed and variable purchase orders, services, and site operations
9. Work with cross-functional partners to provide financial reporting, project budgeting, and future planning
10. Provide for presentation of data in a comprehensible manner to support business decisions
11. Produce dashboards, tracking mechanisms, analyze data to allow assessment of financial health and to support key business decisions
12. Review purchase requisitions and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial plan
13. Facilitate quarterly project planning review sessions to assess quality of inputs and synchronize team's project priorities and budget needs
14. Serve as primary liaison with Sourcing and AP for the cradle to grave management of purchase orders and requisitions
15. Work with vendor on boarding, accounts payable, financial planning and analysis and supply chain teams to manage the end-to-end process of vendor payments per net terms
16. Create presentations for program managers that effectively communicate their budget vs spend results, variations and recommended changes to reconcile the differences
17. Through collaboration with partner organizations, assess and improve business processes to include contracting process and business reviews
18. Ability to travel - estimated 35%
19. Bachelor's degree in operations, construction management, accounting, finance, or similar discipline
20. 5+ years of experience performing financial modeling, sensitivity analysis, and financial risk assessment
21. 5+ years of experience managing a P&L portfolio, driving cost efficiency and managing business processes for critical operations, including financial control, cost tracking and vendor management
22. Experience in project management workstreams and capital expenditure planning
23. Analytical skills with affinity for data, analytics and attention to detail
24. Experience with Excel, Tableau and SQL
25. Experience with Project Controls tools such as Primavera, eBuilder, etc.
26. Experience communicating on the financial status across multiple stakeholders
27. Experience with data center Opex and Capex management
28. Experience designing, setting up and implementing a project controls system
29. Strong track record in change management and implementing global programs
30. Strong background and interest in process improvement and gap analysis
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.