The Assistant Manager (AM) supports the Restaurant General Manager in ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction through managing the daily operations of a single restaurant. The AM helps manage financial controls, operations, people development, Guest service and compliance across shifts for desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability and employee retention). The AM has full accountability for restaurant operations in the absence of the Restaurant General Manager. An AM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant. This position operates under the direct management of the Restaurant General Manager and helps lead the restaurant team. This position interacts with restaurant team members, the General Manager, outside vendors, members of the field operations team, and guests.
- Direct efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products for prompt delivery within established speed of service guidelines
- Motivates and directs team members and Shift Supervisors to exceed Guest expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings
- Supervises and trains team members and Shift Supervisors on team stations, BKC products, processes and policies
- Follows cash control/security procedures and helps to implement marketing plans, maintain inventory, manage labor, and apply financial reports across shifts to enhance restaurant results
- Assists RGM in enforcing compliance with government regulations, BK Market Policy, employment law, food safety, BK Security Policy, operations, and BK policies and procedures relating to all restaurant activities across shifts
- As part of the restaurant management team, recruits, hires, trains and works to retain effective team talent, by making decisions or recommendations on hiring and advancement
- Makes decisions or recommendations on the discipline and terminations of team members
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Prompt and regular attendance for assigned shifts, meetings and training
- MAKE GUESTS FEEL SPECIAL!
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager, District Manager, Officer or Director of the Company.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize various duties and work under pressures of deadlines.
- Ability to resolve problem situations immediately.
- Ability to develop, execute and follow-up on action plans and management developmental plans.
- Ability to construct and work within a budget.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret general business reports.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use a computer and calculator.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Ability to work 50 – 65 hours per week up to six days a week.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Has an automobile with the required insurance coverage available to drive for the Company
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- Complete all internal certification programs
- 1 of experience working in the quick service restaurant industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently bending, stooping and kneeling. This position is very active requiring occasional crawling and climbing. Ability to lift/move 50 pounds. Regular exposure to video terminal display. Travel in personal vehicle leading to exposure to all driving conditions and hazards. Frequent standing for long periods of time. Ability to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear and have the ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities of close vision, distance vision and adjust focus. Ability to frequently taste or smell. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is usually loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
THIS IS A SALARY POSITION