Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Leads monthly accounting close for all regulated and non-regulated subsidiaries under the DQE Holdings LLC organization. Financial lead on revenue accounting, other accounting and financial analyses for the Company. Prepare and support internal and external reporting, including the transfer of accounting data into operating information useful to management. Oversees the preparation and review of certain regulatory filings. Supervises respective accounting employees in this work area. Ensures finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
1. Leads monthly accounting close for all regulated and non-regulated subsidiaries under the DQE Holdings LLC organization.
2. Financial lead on revenue accounting, other accounting and financial analyses for the Company.
3. Prepare and support internal and external reporting, including transfer of accounting data into operating information useful to management.
4. Supervises respective accounting employees in this work area.
5. Oversees the preparation and review of certain regulatory filings applicable to the regulated subsidiary.
1. Other duties as assigned.
2. Assists in the preparation and review of materials for audits performed by regulatory agencies.
3. As assigned, participates and contributes to projects to support Company-wide initiatives, including but not limited to new system implementations.
Roles at this level require a university/college degree. Higher level education such as a masters degree, PhD, or certification is normally desired. Relevant experience to be successful in the given role is typically 7 years. CPA preferred.
Primary focus is on day to day management of operational execution also develops and exercises business plans, policies, and procedures. Contributes to proactive planning exercises of management team as requested. Trains and develops staff. Plans the work flow. Looks for areas of process improvement and directs available resources to accomplish this. Leads changes and implementations for direct team as pushed down through the organization.
Resolves problems of a greater complexity. Improves existing processes & systems using conceptualizing, reasoning, & interpretation skills. Solutions require through understanding of business strategies and issues. Defines broad based solutions that would require consideration of wider implications on organization results & resources.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.