Full Time, FTE: 1
Fairfield, CA (GreenValley)
Responsible to the AVP, Finance/Controller, prepares consolidated financial statements and manages the monthly and annual financial closing process for multiple entities. Provides direct supervision of accounting and accounts payable staff. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements. Responsible for evaluation, recommendation and implementation of policies and procedures within areas of control. Management responsibilities include: planning, directing operations, fiscal accountability, staffing and personnel management, staff development, and support functions to Senior Management. Facilitates effective communications and provides financial leadership consistent with System goals and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related. MBA, MHA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Five years progressively responsible healthcare finance experience; three years in a financial management position in a complex healthcare environment or three years in healthcare audit management capacity preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of hospital accounting and reimbursement principles.
- Experience with hospital information systems implementations preferred.
- Proactive participation in planning and the ability to manage details in an organized work style. Highly organized and effective with planning and coordinating department activities. Microsoft Office with advanced Excel aptitude, advanced working knowledge and five plus years of hospital general ledger experience with major ERP software, experience with check writing and document imaging software.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computerized general ledger systems, budget software, and cost accounting applications.
- Knowledge of GAAP, OSHPD and laws, regulations and statutes governing the operation of healthcare providers.
- Exhibits communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to motivate, delegate, analyze information and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, by establishing cooperative working relationships. Exhibits strong customer service history, requiring confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities is required.
- Versatile in complex spreadsheet and database applications.
- Understands Managed Care Reimbursements, Accounts Receivable valuation, IBNR calculations in a capitation environment, and discounted cash flow techniques.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration and Competence.