Job Title: Manager, Accounts Payable
Location: San Antonio, TX
The Accounts Payable Manager will oversee an accounts payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, and manage expense accounts and budget reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interviews prospective employees and chooses the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job.
• Trains and oversees employees involved in billing functions.
• Directs assigned tasks and provides assistance with transactions and processing.
• Assists with performance evaluations.
• Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
• Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
• Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
• Verifies payments before controller’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
• Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors’ ledger).
• Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
• Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
• Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
• Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with one year of experience in an accounting office; OR three or four years of accounting experience with at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions.
• Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to motivate staff.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
C2 Global Professional Services is an award-winning employment and training organization that prepares and places people into productive jobs. We’re located in five regions in Texas and one in Florida. We strive to fulfill our mission by following our Core Values of “Respect, Communication, Customer Engagement and Ingenuity.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran