At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Manager, Applications Development, Data & Analytics will work closely with multiple teams across Business and IT to deliver enterprise data architecture to achieve enterprise strategic goals for data governance and data analytics, as well as provide support to the functions of the Data Governance Office.
How you will make an impact:
- Manage the team to implement integrated enterprise-wide data architecture and data analytics solutions.
- Deliver a data analytics architecture that achieves data automation, reconciliation, traceability, lineage and transparency and provides actionable, timely and accurate data to drive business insights around technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence.
- Provide data analytics services to help business partners solve business problems, drive value, and gain strategy and insight from information.
- Use advanced data analysis techniques and architectures that leverage technology to process large volumes of data to perform complex computations in a scalable, reproducible and automated manner.
- Support data governance in managing the data custodian function, including the collection, storage, usage and quality of information; data dictionary, data lineage, and data reconciliation; and enterprise data governance tools and software.
- Manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Consistently deliver quality services by monitoring progress and active management of deliverables. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- Collaborate with business and technical managers during project execution for scope, budget and planning management.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate related work experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field and 4 years of related work experience.
- Must have 5 years of recent hands-on experience across advanced analytics, machine learning or artificial intelligence to solve business problems.
- Must have 5 years of experience managing a team of developers, analysts, and engineers, including project management.
- Must have 3 years of recent hands-on programming experience in at least 2 of the following R, Python, SAS, SPSS, and/or other analytics tools and languages.
- Must have 3 years of recent hands-on experience with SQL, RDMS, and modern data platforms, and Data Visualization skills using Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire, and/or D3.js.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance