The restaurant manager provides leadership at the restaurant level. Manages hourly team members to ensure the consistent execution of quality standards, operating systems, procedures, philosophies, and cultural icons.
Your Essential functions would be to…
• Actively manage adherence to quality standards, operating systems/procedures, and food sanitation & safety regulations/requirements.
• Role model and actively influence the behavior of others to ensure cultural icons are reflected in daily practice, promoting a safe and healthy work environment and superior guest experience.
• Actively develop hourly staff to support the organization’s talent pipeline and drive growth.
• Ensure facility is properly maintained.
• Represent, support, and protect the brand.
• Assist New Restaurant Openings as required.
• Assist GM maintaining a full and properly trained staff to operate the restaurant effectively.
• Ensure the restaurant is properly staffed for all shifts.
• Actively monitor all service areas (dining room, bar, bakery) to ensure systems are being followed and guests are enjoying their experience.
• Identify operational issues and system breakdowns. Provide feedback to the management team, and take corrective action.
• With management team, manage housekeeping systems and ongoing repair & maintenance programs to properly maintain the restaurant.
• Ensure all inventory processes and procedures are completed accurately.
• Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
• Ensure a safe work and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete incident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
• Facilitate complete and ongoing communication among key stakeholders for all operational issues, concerns, or changes.
People management is part of the gig too…
• With the GM, manage the hiring, supervision and development of hourly staff. When necessary, assist employee counseling and corrective action (which may include terminations).
• Ensure complete and proper documentation for all personnel actions (hiring, performance review, etc.).
• Develop hourly staff by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews/conversations.
• Continuously evaluate hourly staff, and actively assist the identification and development of key hourly talent through sponsorship of high potentials. Participate in and support company-provided training and development programs and initiatives.
• Ensure all training materials, schedules and guidelines are being followed.
• Build a culture of transparency and trust in the restaurant through ongoing, direct communication and open two-way feedback with team.
• Monitor restaurant staff morale. Take action to correct breakdowns in employee satisfaction and engagement at the restaurant level.
Your Education & Work experience includes…
• Minimum 1 year restaurant management experience in full service, high volume restaurant
• Hospitality school background preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
You should be someone who…
• Has excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Has a high level of organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities
• Has the ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workloads with minimum direction.
• Possesses a high attention to detail and strong follow through
• Is dependable, reliable, and highly motivated
• Is high energy and has strong stamina
• Thrives in a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
• Able to work 10-hour plus shifts
• Able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
• Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. as needed
• Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam, and heat
• Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature, presentation and preparation