EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Manager, Book Purchasing & Customer Order Management
The Manager, Book Purchasing & Customer Order Management coordinates all operational aspects of selecting and purchasing books to support the leading book supplier to academic libraries worldwide. Manages buying relationships with publishers and/or their distributors. Manages library customer order processing and product statusing. Applies data, LEAN methodologies and technology solutions to develop people and processes used to forecast book demand, process purchase orders, and manage customer orders.
GOBI Library Solutions provides print and digital content, supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries throughout the world. GOBI Library Solutions has 300 employees with customers in 90 countries and is headquartered in Contoocook, NH, USA. GOBI is a division of EBSCO Information Services.
- Manages 3-4 direct reports and 15-20 employees overall. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Develops strategies for supplying books in a manner that meets customer expectations for pricing/availability/speed of supply utilizing a cost-effective approach.
- Directs the development and use of the procurement processes used by the Buyers to discover forthcoming titles, forecast their demand, and ordering of books.
- Directs the development/use of best practices used to research, process and claim customer orders; and to maintain current statusing of items and orders.
- Develops and maintains business relationships and terms with our publishers and book suppliers.
- Monitors and reports on all links of the book supply chain. Addresses fulfillment problems and implements improvements.
- Manages/implements budgetary goals and strategies, measures and evaluates results.
- Communicates with departments throughout the company as well as outside the organization to assure that service levels and company objectives are met. Establishes tools for monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Establishes goals and initiates projects to continuously improve methodology and assure that appropriate tools and processes are in place.
- Communicates company and service center objectives, policies, programs and schedules ensuring they are well understood. Develops sound strategies to meet the needs of the business units.
- Develops and maintains sound employee relations and participates in the implementation and administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides guidance to and direction to all subordinates with a view towards their personal and professional development. Develops and maintains, through communications and delegation of authority, an atmosphere that encourages creativity and motivates personnel to assume greater responsibility.
- Completes special projects or assignments as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in either Operations management, procurement, order management or similar. Experience in the Bookselling or Publishing industry preferred.
- Record of success applying technology to forecast product demand and manage inventory. Success applying Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence preferred.
- Strong leadership and planning ability
- Progressive experience in a multi team leadership position
- Unparalleled organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of MS Office experience, advanced MS Office skills
- Experience with WMS, ERP or similar business systems. Implementation and integration experience preferred
- Advanced degree in Business/Management
- Record of success implementing LEAN or similar methodologies in the workplace.
- Drive for true continuous improvement, self-managing, and ability to implement change as needed
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Ability to collaborate across departments at all levels
- Coaches and develops others. Listens and supports colleagues.
- Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgment
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Concord
Nearest Secondary Market: Manchester
Job Segment:Manager, Business Manager, Supply, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement, Management, Operations