ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Managers will manage full-time/part-time employees and drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures across the organization. Most importantly, this position nurtures culture and engagement while overseeing strategies focused on improving the overall experience of employees and patients. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, employee-centric environment include:
- Cultivating and promoting a culture that reinforces Apria’s vision and core values by creating a diverse, inclusive and psychologically safe work environment.
- Creating an inspiring team atmosphere with an open communication culture.
- Maintaining a big picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience.
- Setting clear, concise, and attainable team goals.
- Motivating team members to be fully engaged and to perform at their fullest potential.
- Leading by example with clear direction, candid feedback, and a communication style that results in trust and optimism.
- Recognizing high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Suggesting and organizing team-building activities.
The Manager, Branch Logistics performs, plans, and coordinates the daily activity of all Logistics personnel and functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Logistics department for the branch to optimizetimely and accurate delivery of products
- Promotes staff compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, where applicable, including, but not limited to, providing documents for the driver qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log, hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers)
- Promotes vehicle safety, including daily vehicle inspections and reports, and maintenance regulations
- Manages daily and on-call Delivery employee schedules
- Completes daily route preparation
- Assigns additional routes as patient and referral requests are received. May occasionally perform Delivery responsibilities when needed
- Performs special projects such as researching methods to improve productivity and cut costs in the branch distribution function
- May work with Corporate Purchasing on the ordering of special equipment and new products
- Solves problems involving Delivery staff shortages, route changes, and loading equipment
- Monitors and/or maintains close contact with Delivery staff throughout day to troubleshoot problems and facilitate the completion of routes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the proper and efficient loading of trucks and assist with loading trucks when necessary
- Assists with special orders and equipment.
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and incident reports
- Maintains proper levels of stock in warehouse to ensure maximum profitability
- Performs minor equipment repair and maintenance, as required, and maintains equipment documentation
- Responds to inquiries from patients, referral sources, vendors and Delivery staff regarding equipment orders, patient problems and delivery-related incidents
- Perform on-call duties, as needed
- Manage multiple branch locations, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Typically supervises a team of supervisors and primarily nonexempt employees
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and performance management of subordinate staff
- Ensures that all direct reports and their subordinates are maintaining acceptable performance levels
- Conducts Staff meetings regularly to review new business requirements
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful completion of Company background check, including demonstration of a safe driving record
- Previous interaction with the general public in service management industry
- Experience with FDA/DOT/Commercial Drivers
- Home Healthcare industry experience
- Inventory management experience
- 4 years supervisory experience
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of related supervisory experience or equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- May be required to hold a valid CDL with Hazardous Materials endorsement
- May be required to satisfy DOT requirements for operating a commercial motor vehicle
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas, tell a compelling story using data, and create and deliver compelling presentations for senior leadership.
- Exemplary relationship builder and team player: experience building successful partnerships and influencing stakeholders and colleagues, with direct authority, to drive projects forward.
- Accomplished problem solver: creative yet pragmatic, with ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and unexpected challenges.
- Strong results driver: consistently delivers flawless execution and high-quality deliverables despite ambiguity, at time managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent strategic thinker: ability to synthesize multiple inputs, use incomplete information to get to crux of issue, and step back and see bigger picture.
- Decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of DOT, FDA, and OSHA regulations
- Time management skills
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Inventory management software
- Routing software
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- Basic problem solving (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication).
- Frequent lifting/carrying 10 - 160 lbs
- Frequent pushing/pulling 20 lbs – 60 lbs
- Frequent sitting/standing/bending/stooping/squatting/kneeling/rotating/twisting
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night (low to limited light) vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
The physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet