- New Business Development
- ◦Prospect for potential new customers and turn this into increased business.
- ◦Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- ◦Identify potential customer and the decision makers within the customer organization.
- ◦Research and build relationships with new customers.
- ◦Set up meetings between customer decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- ◦Plan approaches and pitches.
- * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- ◦Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- ◦Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- ◦Present an image that mirrors that of the customer.
- Customer Retention
- ◦Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- ◦Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- ◦Arrange and participate in internal and external customer debriefs.
- Business Development Planning
- ◦Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- ◦Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- ◦Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- ◦Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Management and Research
- ◦Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- ◦Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- ◦Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- ◦Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- ◦Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- ◦Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- ◦Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- ◦Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.