The Manager of Business Systems and Applications at the College of Engineering Information Technology will manage and direct the development, maintenance and implementation of business applications and their supporting systems and storage. This position will also oversee the web environment and supervise the Web Programmer. Additionally, provide maintenance and support of all hosted and colocated production and test servers.
Master's degreepreferred. Knowledge of Cloud Computing fundamentals; specifically iPaaS, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS. Knowledge of Cloud Service Providers; specifically Amazon Web Services and MicroSoft Azure Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages and technologies such as Java, C#, .NET, XML, and JSON. Experience working on multiple, complex projects as a project leader and a subject matter expert.
- Fluency in all client and server operating systems, to include MS Windows (all versions), MAC OS X and Linux
- Experience with web maintenance and programming, including understanding of HTML and CSS
- Ability to manage projects and lead effectively
- Ability to efficiently gather business requirements from end-users - Experience in management systems implementation and project management.
- Experience with datacenter management.
- Experience with virtual server architecture, including but not limited to VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, and Citrix.
- Experience with enterprise storage technology, including but not limited to NetApp.
- Experience with classroom audio/visual equipment and other classroom based technologies.
- ITIL certifications preferred. - Experience writing technical documentation.
- Strong collaborative skill set.
- Experience developing and documenting policies and procedures.
- Experience with planning and preparing budgets
- Person will function across business areas and will need to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including students, staff, faculty and vendors
- This staff member may be called upon to move or relocate desktop computer equipment, servers and peripherals
- This staff member may be called upon to attend regular meetings and conferences with end-users and Information Services and Technology.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.