Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microsemi's Power andDiscrete Modules Group (PDM) (a Microchip Technology company) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. Markets the PDM Group address include: alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors and security.
We are looking for a seasoned, experienced Configuration Manager. In this role, you will be part of the engineering team responsible for the development of electronic products and manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for the oversight of the design and preparation of drawings, procedures, travelers and other documentation necessary to facilitate and support the design, manufacture and promotion of our Radio Frequency Signal Processing products.
Microsemi targets candidates who value teamwork, have effective interpersonal skills, and respect the technical leadership and structured processes that we utilize to build our world-class products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area
- Interact with product design and development personnel to ensure that processes and designs are compatible
- Verify dimensions of physical inventory when necessary to resolve design issues using calipers, gauges and other metrology equipment
- Manage the document change and approval process
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of documents and their changes
- Assist in the design of physical hardware
- Establish and enforce departmental procedures for logging, performing and releasing changes to documents
- Devise, organize and maintain a system for company part numbering, descriptions and Bills of Materials
- Enter and maintain Item and Bills of Material data in the Company ERP database
- Resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Network with senior internal and external personnel in your area of expertise
- Select, train, develop, mentor, and evaluate team to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinates
- Develop goals and objectives for team, monitor goals and objectives throughout the year, and meet with team members one-on-one to review performance
- Continually strive to improve departmental speed and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Work is performed indoors
- Occasional local travel may be required
- BS in EE, ME or Physics with 5+ years of related experience
- Autodesk Inventor or other solid modeling CAD software experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management to develop necessary solutions to achieve goals
- Highly motivated and ability to work well with people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively read, write and communicate in English
- Experience in a manufacturing or semiconductor environment
- Prior supervisory or project management experience
- Metrology experience
- Electronics knowledge
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.