Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is looking for a Manager, Case Management. This role will be responsible for hiring, on-boarding and directing care management staff in operations of the company’s care management model. The Manager of Case Management must be a domain expert in clinical operations, as well as case, care and population management. This person must exhibit strong team leadership, organization and communications skills and an acute attention to detail.
- Oversees the initial development and ongoing operations of a client Health Care Management Services
- Hires, trains and directs care management staff.
- Develops desktop procedures that complement care management policies.
- Assists in developing, performance dashboards and ensures monitoring of team performance, caseloads, engagement rates, outcomes, quality measures such as care gaps and utilization measures such as admission, readmission, ER admission and complex discharge plans.
- Collaborates with the reporting team to develop a suite of reports for managing care team productivity and performance.
- Contributes to the ongoing process improvement and development of technology platform, helping to drive efficacy and efficiency for end users.
- Assures that standards of practice and policies follow the NCQA, CMS and other regulatory guidelines and standards.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Active New York Registered Nurse License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Business Administration/Hospital Administration/ Public Health AND/OR:
- Three to five years of supervisory or management experience overseeing care management operations in Medicaid, LTC care management LOB.
- Located in New York metro area
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Language fluency in Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese
- Sophisticated knowledge of clinical operations in managed care, including care management policies, disease state and population management and members’ rights and responsibilities, and the ability to quickly understand and assess the practices of client organizations.
- Desire for and capability to drive toward and achieve a high standard of quality and results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset geared toward the creation, execution and continuous improvement of a new care management model from the ground up.
- Intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective.
- Ability to understand the workflow of the multiple components of the company and client, and to create and implement integrated policies, procedures and creative solutions.
- Excellent written, computer, and verbal communication skills.