At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The primary role of this position is to lead the Global and US Smart Center for Analytics (SC4 Analytics) reporting to the Global Performance and Asset Monitoring Senior Manager. The Smart Center monitors peformance and condition of renewables, thermal, and battery storage assets. The responsibility of this role is to develop performance models, data analytics and machine learning models to improve asset performance, safety, reliability, and planning, extend asset life, predict critical components failures, incorporate active commercial insights and weather forecasting for full and robust asset oversight. The SC4 provides an organizational structure with defined roles and responsibilities for Global, Regional and local teams.
- Lead the Analytics function of the Smart Center in order to monitor and report on thermal and renewable generation sites across AES.
- Complete and distribute recurring Performance reports for each business supported by the Smart Center.
- Track and report efficiency of generating units such as Heat Rate improvement (thermal), Average Energy Production (Wind), etc. and equipment anomalies.
- Develop anomaly detection models in EtaPRO APR to predict and prevent equipment failures. Work with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning vendors to develop predictive models using machine learning models and/or use internal data science resources to develop.
- Lead, motivate and guide the Smart Center Team including Performance engineers, Reliability engineers, Data Scientists, and Analysts.
- Align Operational and Financial KPIs to teams goals and objectives, guarantee the visibility of the deviation of the performance KPIs and to ensure execution of corrective actions.
- Communicate effectively with internal departments, AES subsidiaries, and partners.
- Provides day-to-day support, data analytics and information to the plants to improve performance and reliability, investment and outage plans.
- 5+ years in power generation
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Field expertise in plant systems to improve performance and reliability.
- Field experience with energy generation plant equipment
- Experience with DCS systems, vibration systems, and Performance Monitoring systems required
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, IT/OT network configurations
- MS Office suite (including Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Expert in the use of the EtaPRO software suite.
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to work with large amounts of data, facts, and figures.
- Communication Skills: ability to present findings, or translate the data into understandable documents. Write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Convey a high degree of professional competence in all forums and venues.
- Fluent in English (required) and Spanish (preferred)
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.