- Manages functional area or operation.
- Provides day-to-day leadership for meeting department, product, people, and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for meeting assigned schedules, targets, and budgets.
- Manages individual and team performance to ensure alignment and support of department and organization strategy and initiatives.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers, may act as a representative of the organization.
- May provide functional expertise or product leadership to ensure alignment and support of department and organization objectives.
- Responsible for the quality and functionality of content or specific products.
- This role may also include direct involvement in production and/or content work.
What are the primary responsibilities and accountabilities role?
- Provides functional, operational, or product expertise to department.
- Works across team or department boundaries
- Performs production duties to support team in meeting schedules/critical deadlines as needed.
- Plans and directs work activities to meet product targets and customer specifications.
- Ensures adherence to production and cost schedules.
- Utilizes and leverages people, systems, processes, and resources to meet workflow requirements and optimize efficiency.
- May have budget oversight and accountability for assigned products or functions.
- May represent editorial in the development of content for new products and enhancements of existing products
- Ensures high quality of content, volume and timeliness.
- Works closely with other managers and editorial staff to establish and maintain standards for content delivery in all media
- Effectively manages employee performance and addresses and resolves employee issues.
- Identifies and develops talent within organization by coaching, motivating and providing development plans and growth opportunities.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, and mentors employees.
- Responsible for overall team direction, performance, and work assignments.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT/PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Coordinates all relevant workflow and relationships with other departments and vendors.
- Implements and drives process improvement initiatives/efforts at the Team or functional level.
- Seeks out, shares, and implements best practices.
- Develops project plans and lead cross-functional and/or cross-site project teams to achieve stated outcomes.
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliverables meet expectation.
- Proactively problem solves and handles escalated issues as needed.
SCOPE & IMPACT
Size, nature and complexity of work. Budgetary accountability. Degree of influence.
- Understands the financial drivers for their area/level of responsibility and manages budget in coordination with finance and senior leadership.
- Provides leadership to team leads and/or team members to meet financial and operational requirements.
- Assists in integrating newly acquired company products into existing systems and processes.
- Develops plans and priorities including business and production for the department.
- Works with other areas in the organization for product development.
- Provides functional knowledge specific to business unit or technical area
- Decisions affect the support and resources for projects, products, services or technologies and are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Manages the resolution of complex or unusual problems
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders to identify emerging needs.
- Balances and prioritizes work within functional area or department.
- Supports departmental plans and contributes to the development of department strategies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
Level of knowledge and application of skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills,
- In-depth knowledge of production processes, editorial standards, products, and system(s)
- Ability to organize, document, and schedule activities comprising the overall process to ensure efficiency and timeliness.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to identify and evaluate process improvements opportunities and new technologies.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and effectively multi-task,
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Working knowledge of budgeting and cost-management processes
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrates and maintains appropriate sensitivity and confidentiality in communications.
- Ability to manage in a virtual, matrix and global environment.
- Ability to lead teams through change initiatives and build resiliency
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Develops and manages relationships across department, functions, and sites to influence decisions and achieve objectives.
- Collaborates with other leaders to deliver on objectives.
- May manage external relationships to ensure commitments are met.
- May interact with internal and external customers regarding product deliverables and issues.
- Establishes credibility to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization and across different operating units
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America