Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
Under the direction of the VP of West Aggregates, the Manager of Aggregates Commercial Development is charged with leading the evaluation of commercial / growth opportunities in Aggregates in the West region; including new business/markets development, commercial/pricing analysis, supply/demand curves, competitor analysis, etc. In addition to longer term responsibilities, the position will work with the regional VP’s and sales managers in the development of pricing analysis and strategy, market share measurement and maintenance strategy, DOT/Public opportunity tracking and take part in all sales training activity. Lastly, the position will work with the Director of Business Development on an ad hoc basis on projects related to other businesses in business development, commercial analysis and strategy and operational improvement programs.
- Market Research & Analysis - Identify market positions of competitors and customers and conduct analysis of these players in various areas in the Region. Understand and document truck, rail, barge, and ship logistics within these market areas. Analyze construction material consumption metrics and long-term supply/demand factors in these areas. A systematic process for analyzing markets should be developed and employed across the business. A comprehensive competitor database should also be generated and maintained.
- Marketing/Sales Plans - As part of the search and evaluation of new growth opportunities, the Market Development Manager will work with regional VP/GM’s of AGG and sales managers to generate sales and pricing plans for AGG.
- Sales Support - Assist in assembling and analyzing market tends, key customers profiles, market shares (DOT and other), new sales initiatives, monthly sales forecasts, and annual budget/stretch plans by working with the West Sales Team.
• BS/BA degree; MBA preferred
• Construction materials work experience
• Strong analytical skills, well organized, and market/business savvy
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Self-directed and good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external customers
- Experience in construction industry
- Manage time effectively to schedule and prioritize
• The position will require 20-40% travel and will require some after hour’s participation in industry related functions.
• Long periods of standing and/or walking required
• Some exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento