Manager, Commercial Finance – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland, Colorado, USA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Regional Finance Manager is responsible for the overall support and management to identify opportunities for increased profitability for their assigned region.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Managers and support functions to ensure that internal controls and procedures are consistently followed
- Works directly with Procurement in support to identify opportunities for increased profitability, including cash flow analysis on vendor programs (costing, rebates, payment terms) and pre-M&A analysis
- Works directly with other commercial support functions (including Supply Chain, Marketing, Digital) to identify key financial metrics and monitor results
- Partner with accounting and procurement on accrual signoffs, true-ups and final vendor settlements; act as coordinator between groups and provide analysis and guidance as needed
- Assist with building and analyzing discounted cash flow models where applicable
- Provides accurate, timely, and reliable financial reports and analysis to commercial business functions
- Interprets financial information for Corporate management and provides financial consultation on business issues
- Clearly defines and communicates duties, responsibilities, authority and expectations to direct report(s)
- Monitors performance and develops individual performance plans to meet performance expectations
- Coordinates the preparation of budgets, strategic plans, quarterly presentations, forecasts, and monthly business narratives
- Coordinates and directs support for commercial financial decisions
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in the industry and field of expertise
- Provide support for the monitoring of internal controls to ensure effectiveness
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution
- MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in practical financial experience is required
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated analytical skills are required
- Ability to travel is required
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.