The Manager, Copywriting will generate original copy/content, in English for multiple Herbalife Nutrition audiences including Distributors, Preferred Members, Customers and the general public. This role will develop marketing content for different channels (print, video, web), like Distributor tools, websites, blog posts, CRM platforms, email marketing, newsletters, presentations, bios, events and advertising (promotions, product launches, etc.).
The Manager will support the adaptation of the Herbalife Nutrition brand voice and apply it to all communications relating to Brand, Sports Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, Recognition, and Event Marketing. Will work within an existing brand framework while continuing to be creative. This position requires a mid-level of familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to content creation for marketing and an understanding of WW Marketing standard methodologies. With supervision, will exercise a strong degree of creativity.
This position will report to the Director, Creative Services.
How you would contribute:
Conceive, develop, and write concepts that fits into Brand/Distributor voice and tone.
Develop content across various channels including print and video (short and long format), Distributor and Customer tools and assets, and web (websites, CRM platforms, interactive platforms, email marketing and social media)
Ensure content is engaging, insightful and on strategy, meets the requirements of the creative brief, partner needs and reflects the company’s brand philosophy
Lead projects from inception through execution and print/posting/distribution, including writing metadata files and defining keywords, search terms, taxonomy, etc.
Ensure all requested edits are compiled, aligned and incorporated into materials in alignment with the key partner, Copywriting Director and Sr. WW Creative Services Director
Effectively prioritize and set expectation across multiple projects to meet copy deadlines and follow the trafficking/review/approval process required
Support initiatives such as and storytelling on an ongoing basis as needed
Lead team meetings in the absence of the Copywriting Director
Work with partners to refine requests and creative to ensure effective communications
Copyedit and proofread creative materials, reviewing consistency, accuracy and clarity
Use traditional proofreader's marks to indicate edits to make clear, concise corrections appropriate to the context and voice of the material
Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and background required to be successful:
- Strong English-writing abilities for both business and creative writing
- Ability to multitask, set appropriate priorities and continuously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Detail oriented with an eye to catch inaccurate copy
- Individual and team orientation
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent proofreading experience and familiarity with the AP Stylebook and proofreading marks
- Run multiple, mid profile projects at the same time
- Comfortable working individually and in a collaborative creative team framework
- 7 years of experience writing in English in a corporate communications environment, advertising agency or corporate creative services department
- Editorial experience across different media
- Copywriting for interactive, print, direct mail, new business, event marketing, outdoor and radio advertising
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in communication, literature, journalism, advertising, business, public relations or related field
- Health & Wellness important to you? We’ve got you covered with benefits day 1! No waiting time for medical, dental & vision
- Need a break? We’ve got your back with generous time off, including paid holidays, compensated volunteer days and extra days for the unexpected
- Get your fitness on!! Onsite fitness center, group classes including yoga and bootcamp, free personal training and fitness challenges year-round
- Get paid and get moving with our Wellness Incentive Program! Annual employee reimbursement (up to $500) and access to a Wellness Coach
- Balance equals a healthy and happy community! We offer flexible work schedule, telecommuting and rideshare options
- Like freebies and discounts? Complimentary HN products in our stocked pantries, generous discounts and free HN apparel/accessory giveaways
- Planning for the future? 401(k) with company-match, ESPP, tuition reimbursement and online/onsite courses
Want to learn more? Don’t wait, APPLY NOW!
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.