Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a national diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 110,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 500 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other outpatient facilities. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other customers.
The person in this critical role will provide direct, day-to-day support for the corporate communications department. This will include project management of various initiatives and executing on corporate positioning programs for the company and its executives, as well as crisis management support. The Manager will provide assistance on strategic communications, financial communications, executive communications, internal and external communications and crisis communications.
In addition, the person in this role will:
- Develop press releases, letter and memos, speeches, video scripts, presentations, etc.
- Provide media relations counsel and support, including responding to media inquiries and targeting profile-raising opportunities in key national, local and trade press
- Assist with the development of strategic messaging to be used in company materials and help to maintain/update those documents on a regular basis
- Lead in the creation of materials to support company/executive recognitions
- Develop processes and a forum for vetting and managing speaking requests on behalf of company executives
- Assist with planning of company conferences and other events
- Work closely with senior executives across the organization
- Help to manage and train team members over time
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, well-organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines. The candidate must also be a team player with a strong work ethic.
A Bachelor's degree is required. preferably in Communications, English, Journalism or a related field.
Must have a minimum of 6-8 years of in-house or agency communications experience, including direct media relations experience.
Must possess excellent writing, editing and researching skills.
Must be experienced in Word and PowerPoint.
Must be able to project manage.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.