Reporting to the Director of Credit Operations, the Credit Strategy Manager is responsible for driving the development and direction of growth and profitability for the credit card program at Neiman Marcus Group LLC. Demonstrated strong leadership with external processors and partners is a necessity to effectively execute program strategy, regulatory and operational oversight requirements.
Key Performance Requirements:
Primary liaison to private label partner and other external providers for operational oversight, contractual compliance and merchant regulatory requirements.
Utilizes strong analytical and critical thinking methodology to communicate strategic credit card program opportunities to ensure maximum value of the card program is achieved.
Responsible for credit system project management changes oversight, including development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and training deployment. This includes active engagement in problem resolution efforts and coordination with IT, vendors and other business users.
Partners with multiple parties to provide processor and project forecasts and budgets with detailed emphasis on driving towards actionable operational efficiencies.
Seeks to develop and monitor key performance indicators to provide positive financial uplift and departmental productivity measurements.
Creates a positive sense of urgency towards achieving results, identifying problems promptly and moving swiftly to find solutions.
Uses direct, tactful and respectful communication, with consideration for audience perspective.
Teaches, coaches and provides actionable feedback to build skills and drive performance.
Assists in reconciling internal and external credit transactional reporting, requiring extensive partner and financial analysis engagement.
Expertise in converting payment systems, credit card or loyalty platforms with heavy external partner engagement is a plus
Enforces and proactively shares information and documentation of best practices and ideas with team or other management members.
Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment while providing superior service and accuracy during every contact.
- At least 5-10 years of equivalent work experience in a managerial capacity within a financial services industry, credit card servicing or retail card organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years project manager experience particularly involving credit, loyalty, mobile and/or cobrand conversion experience
- Expert proficiency in MS Office applications and ability to develop presentations for senior leadership. Data analysis experience with Business Objects or similar application is also a necessity.
- Demonstrated competency in leading and managing a multi-faceted team
- Proven leader with exceptional verbal and written communication skills