About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this role, is to lead a small team of Customer Data Analytics professionals and their roadmap to produce; rapidly iterative reporting and analysis on business activities, specifically those related to marketing initiatives in order to deliver insights and direction for the business, and to recommend future marketing strategies. The right candidate for this role will be able to; effectively plan and manage team resources, conduct analytical queries and derive actionable insights, provide data in an operationally efficient and highly visual manner, and consistently deliver on committed timelines.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Manage team resources effectively, deploying the right resource for the right project and tracking progress towards our goals
* Own individual analytical projects, constructing accurate queries (SQL or otherwise), extracting the output, and forming logical and informative conclusions with efficiency, reducing rework
* Develop highly interactive and fluid visualizations of company data in a manner that allows business leaders to triangulate on the aspect most relevant to their part of the business
* Lead the process to continually enhance our analytical tool set through new visual data reporting techniques, the identification of add-on applications and processes, and optimization of existing tools/processes.
* Manage the list generation process for all Direct Mail campaigns, and Call Down campaigns run by marketing through retail stores and Contact Center.
* Validate data within the CDP for all current and future needs of the organization to ensure that Guitar Center is able to consistently and accurately represent the 360 degree view of our customers
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
* Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Math, Engineering, Statistics, Business, or related field or 4 years of relevant work experience
* 6 years of relevant business or marketing experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience) with an emphasis in relational database queries, data analysis, visualization and reporting techniques and marketing analytics
* Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.), preferably with the ability to write macros
* Advanced understanding of SQL and related querying applications
* Advanced understanding of Tableau, and other database visualization techniques
* An understanding of analytics tools such as R/SAS, MicroStrategy, etc.
* Familiarity with Epsilon or a similar CDP application to manage full 360 degree view of the customer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled