This position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities to ensure compliance with U.S. Customs and Other Government Agencies regulatory standards for Guitar Center Stores, Musician's Friend and the Music & Arts business. This role also has responsibility for assisting with the logistical movement of import and export shipments as well as participating on service and cost optimization projects and driving systemic improvements. This position has one direct report.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Comply with any/all U.S. Customs requirements, government regulations, and internal standards in order to maintain a "low risk importer status"
* Develop internal programs and workflow processes which support the aforementioned compliance and standards goals
* Serves as an escalation point-of-contact to U.S. Customs, as well as our nominated customs broker, agents, and internal management, in order to resolve any issues or problems surrounding the importation of products/goods
* Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of all customs entries, as well as Importer Security Filings (ISF), for all divisions
* Provide oversight over of the HTS classification process for all products to assure accurate payment of duties and taxes to U.S. Customs (to include maintenance and updating of both Guitar Center and Musician's Friends' Parts File/Classification Databases)
* Maintain Guitar Center's C-TPAT Tier II Validation status (i.e. Supply chain security assessment including documentation of all international suppliers, manufacturers, and 3PL's contained within our C-TPAT profiles)
* Perform periodic audits to ensure continued compliance with U.S. Customs and any other government regulatory agencies/requirements
* Ownership and maintenance of Guitar Center's Customs Compliance Manual, ensuring that all information is complete and accurate
* Maintain required U.S. Customs recordkeeping for both Guitar Center and Musician's Friend
* Calculate budget/forecast for duties and other import fees
* Evaluate and implement new technologies to automate import processes
* Interface with the International Sourcing and Merchandising teams in Westlake Village, CA
* Educate internal business partners on the costs and complexities of international shipments. Provide and develop internal and third party operating procedures.
* Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management in a professional manner
* Multi-task day to day operations along with long term supply chain strategy projects -- prioritize effectively and manage deadlines
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Highly organized and capable of independent work with a high degree of accuracy
* Intermediate or better proficiency with current computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Bachelor's degree required; focus in Business, Logistics or International Trade preferred
* Minimum of 6 years of import compliance experience preferred
* S. Customs Broker License preferred
* 2-5 years supervisory experience
* Skilled knowledge of import/export regulations and Other Government Agencies (FCC, FDA, Aphis, Fish & Wildlife) as well as import documentation including classifications, protests, disclosures and rulings.
* Exceptional command of written and spoken English language
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled