Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Libertyville
This role is the primary point of contact and accountability for a cross functional team supporting Database and Data integration services in various delivery models, establishing service levels, metrics, and reporting for data intake services. This position will provide a general level of subject matter expertise surrounding data management best practices, including database platforms, database security concepts, ETL, data modeling, file management, reference data management, etc.The main deliverables in this role is to own and manage vendor relationships and Service Level Agreements (SLA); assist in budgetary planning and management; facilitate good communication channels with both clients and other support teams; provide ongoing re-evaluation of Databases, Batch and Realtime integrations performance and the support structure, and propose recommendations for improvements.
Leadership and Management:
- Effectively manage integration platform and Database platform support by administering all emerging plug-ins, new service packs and versions and ensure effective implementation to provide better services.
- Maintains database and middleware integrations performance by troubleshooting problems by a skilled, cross trained team supporting both services.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Effectively manage capacity planning of the team based on the demand coming from different IT touchpoint teams
- Facilitate regular performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Assist in creating a development plan for each direct report and ensure proper execution and ongoing review of the plan
- Ensure the deployment of resilient, highly available integration platforms, monitoring/alerting, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of assets.
- Adapt to different delivery methodologies and establish the Database and tasks Automation driving the efficiency and improving reliability.
- Create roadmaps for the emerging open source databases, perform POC’s, create standards and provide recommendations for IT delivery teams.
- Monitor and measure vendor performance against established SLA's, ensuring quality delivered by vendor meets contractual obligations.
- Ensure multi-sourced vendor solutions are well defined and documented, and support model meets client expectations.
- Review vendor support summaries on a timely basis and work to resolve discrepancies quickly
Budgeting, Finance and Administration:
- Forecast budgetary requirements for annual planning rounds
- Forecast effort/labor requirements for annual planning rounds
- Management of Software Renewal process
- Seek opportunities for improvements and cost reductions.
- Drive down costs proactively through tight management of support activities and initiating application enhancements to fix defects showing expected ROI.
- 10+ years’ experience in database platform and middleware integration support managing a high performing team and ongoing database platform and middleware integration support with responsibility of a $5M budget or greater.
- B.S., B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Advanced Degree a plus
- Demonstrated record of strong leadership and motivational skills resulting in quality product support, high employee retention and morale within their teams
- Cost accounting, forecasting and budgeting capabilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs and drivers with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence through service provision.
- The ability to motivate teams to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic and complex problems.
- Skilled at managing escalated issues and negotiating vendor deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal) and sharp business acumen; ability to communicate and present to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to create an open environment where conflicts as to priorities and decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner
- Ability to break down major issues and problems into workable pieces; see whole situation behind a problem or issue; able to understand causes, effects and implications
- Time Management – Optimizing use of time for self/others
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Data Maintenance, Database Management, Database Design.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in understanding of integrating systems and technology, system and/or application architectures and leveraging emerging cloud technologies utilizing industry standards andbest practices
- Familiarity with next generation data management and database technologies including cloud-based solutions
- Experience in database migrations to Cloud and Migration to Opensource databases
- Good understanding of Batch and Real time integration processes including file exchanges using below or on-par technologies
- Axway (Secure File Exchange)
- Research new technology and make recommendations
- Standardize environment & Improve standards and procedures that support the company’s middleware and integration environment need.
- Research and recommend optimal design criteria
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures
- Ability to manage Standard and Open source databases
- Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Maria DB, PostgreSQL etc.
- Manage a team supporting below functions:
- Capacity, performance and availability monitoring of all databases
- Perform data refreshes
- Setup new databases
- Support platform patching
- Database Deployments management
- Internal, External, Third-party Audit Support
- User access and Data security
- Integration Services and platforms
- ETL – Informatica, BizTalk,API management tools, Rest API’s/Microservices etc.
- Experience with Cloud (AWS). Route 53, AMIs, Auto Scaling, EBS, S3, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lambda and AWS Managed Services
- Experience with automation using configuration management tool Ansible
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours based on 24/7 support model.
- 10% travel
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.