Manager, Decision Management
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 1.8 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
PenFed is committed to the safety of our teammates around the globe. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us for more information.
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Manager, Decision Management in Omaha, Nebraska.The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for leading direct data analytics required for the development of new account acquisition targeting and segmented offer strategy for PenFed’s consumer loan, including credit cards, auto loans, and unsecured loans. This position will place particular emphasis on marketing analytics, direct data mining, targeted offer segmentation, campaign list generation, and performance assessment, financial analysis, and aggregation leveraging both internal and external sources. This position will be responsible for timely and accurate direct data and financial analytics required to provide strategic insights directed at increasing market share.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead all aspects of new acquisition and engagement analytics; including but not limited to targeted offering segmentation, target list generation, product performance, eligibility criteria and pricing strategies.
- Execute data programming necessary to complete analysis of profitable prospect segments by capturing customer’s behavioral/demographic attributes, credit risk criteria, and other internal and external data elements.
- Work closely with direct management in the holistic evaluation of strategies aimed at driving profitable portfolio growth.
- Work with management to develop the effective test and learn approach, design the appropriate marketing campaign test and offer plan that would significantly increase credit card usage across all phases of credit card holder lifecycle, including acquisition, usage, and retention.
- Develop sophisticated queries and work with vendors to capture data critical, identify card portfolio segments that are underperforming, develop analytics and execute opportunities to optimize marketable universe, offers, and/or campaign performance.
- Support campaign performance evaluations across all existing and prospect members touch-points, including direct mail, digital, mobile, call center, statements and branch channels.
- Implement the statistical models built by vendors and modeling team into campaign test design, develop independent scorecards used in consumer lending marketing analytics, including acquisition targeting, existing accounts spend engagement, account retention/closure, and risk adjusted pricing.
- Develop sophisticated financial analysis and profitability models to assess performance across risk segments, vintages, and products.
- Interpret analytic findings and formulate recommendations to share with key decision makers. Clearly articulate findings and observations and make recommendations as appropriate.
- ·Work with Product & Channel Development, Marketing, Credit Risk, Finance, and Vendors (Including Credit Bureaus) to ensure consistent and accurate reporting while minimizing redundancy.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in a quantitative or a related field is highly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ of working experience in consumer lending products (credit cards, auto loans, or unsecured loans) is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in consumer loans acquisition or existing consumer loan portfolio data analytics including but not limited to marketing analytics, targeted test design, target list generation, statistical analysis, performance evaluation, and product development within a financial services environment.
- Hands-on skills in SAS, SQL, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, and proficiency working with large dataset are required.
- Statistical analysis experience, including A/B testing, linear regression, and time series forecasting are required.
- Past experience in statistical model development, validation, evaluation, and performance monitoring is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in design of experiments, statistical procedures, predictive modeling, financial modeling and analytic tools are preferred.
- Expertise in data Warehouse and business intelligence associated tools are preferred.
- Proven project management and executive presentation skills.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.