Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The Dispatch Manager must have extensive knowledge of the service area and be able to process orders. Additionally, the candidate must possess excellent phone skills, work efficiently in a fast pace environment, and have excellent organizational skills.
- Supervise and assist with customer calls for deliveries and customer requests. This includes monitoring inbound phone traffic and distributing assigned tasks to staff to accommodate fluctuating call volume.
- Coordinate customer requests for billing questions.
- Assist credit department with account payment discrepancies, coordinating with customers ticket copy needs or pricing discrepancies.
- Ensure orders are scheduled properly.
- Direct supervision of line employees, including CSRs, Schedulers and Shippers.
- Provide direction, training and development within the work group.
- Complete a variety of reports daily.
- Communicate/interact with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Monitor data screen usage.
- Communicate and implement company work rules, performance standards and department operating policies.
- Facilitate employee reviews, discipline, coaching and counseling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience in dispatching, scheduling, and shipping in a similar industry.
- 3 to 5 years in managing a ready mix dispatch department a plus
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university a plus
- Requires some work after normal business hours and on weekends, as well as ability to respond to emergency situations. Ability to travel less than 10%.
- Effective written and oral communicator with all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Team-orientated approach, with ability to work independently as a self-starter.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making ability through performance, assessment and interview process is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs. (i.e. Word, Excel, Office)
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland