More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Seeking a Manager of Desktop Support Services to lead our team in our Menlo Park office. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working background in managing a team of technicians in a fast-paced environment. Solid understanding and experience in desktop technologies, emerging trends, and the ability to lead the team by example providing white glove service is required.
- Manage and mentor a team of desktop support specialists
- Provide White glove care to VIP and end users
In a hands-on technical capacity:
- Serve as the lead and escalation point for all aspects of desktop and IT support.
- Drive efforts to provide world class IT support to E*TRADE's user community and improve the user experience
- Oversee the processes for deployment, maintenance and support for all implemented hardware, software and operating systems
- Manage Service Requests and Incidents by working with the rest of the IT organization, handling escalations and generating reports for management review
- Work with other IT teams to coordinate appropriate level of support for the user community
- Identify trends in specific support areas and work with stake-holders to address them
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with managing a medium-sized support organization
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise desktop support
- Expert level knowledge of (7+ years of experience):
- Windows in a managed desktop environment
- MAC OS in a managed desktop environment
- Microsoft Office 2016 and 365 in a managed desktop environment
- End to end asset management lifecycle
- Enterprise desktop imaging and deployment technologies
- Standard desktop, workstation & laptop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Industry standard mobile device support
- Network support and troubleshooting for both wireless and wired configurations
- Remedy ticketing system or equivalent experience
- System Disk Encryption support in a managed desktop environment
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building and listening
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.