Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Manager, Digital Fundraising will implement a strategic online engagement and fundraising plan to most effectively acquire, convert, and retain constituents through digital channels. Working collaboratively with the Direct Response team (the Associate Director, the Sustainer Retention & Stewardship Manager, and Direct Mail & Telemarketing Manager) and the Communications team, this Manager ensures campaigns are integrated across all digital channels and optimized to convert email, website, and paid ad audiences to financial supporters.
This role may be based in our Washington, D.C. headquarters, or Remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Associate Director, Direct Response to develop and execute annual fundraising plans to acquire, reinstate, retain, and cultivate donors through online direct response channels including email, website, and paid ad investments.
- Manage all aspects of online campaigns including the creative process from copywriting and design to internal review and analysis.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop creative homepage and website content that promotes giving and deepens engagement with No Kid Hungry’s work.
- Design landing and web page optimization and online testing plans to improve performance and increase revenue.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison to program consultants and implement strategy in line with program goals.
- Review campaign results to ensure the program is on pace to hit targets.
- Work with Sustainer Manager and Direct Mail and Telemarketing Manager to integrate donor-centric experiences online and offline.
- Strive to innovate; research and make recommendations on new fundraising technologies and techniques to increase online giving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field strongly preferred and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in direct response fundraising, specifically through digital channels.
- Solid experience with digital tools, processes and techniques for fundraising, donor development, advocacy campaigns, list building and social networking.
- Solid understanding of best practices for website optimization, multivariate testing, search engine marketing, and social media advertising.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization and work successfully with them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, time management, and organizational skills required. An ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform independently in a fluid multi-tasking environment are essential.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite required; experience with fundraising CRMs required and Luminate and Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT experience preferred.
- Interest (and preferably, work experience) in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger.We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.
Uploadyour cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: no calls please.