Under general supervision from the Director of Distribution Center, the DC Manager is responsible for the planning of the weekly operations. They must work closely with the buying staff to make sure enough space is available for upcoming ad product and proper temperature storage is open. Planning for a safe working environment by creating and implementing sound management practices. Prepares and monitors distribution center reports, records and documentation to determine necessary changes for overall department improvement and efficiency. This position requires the planning of workloads that each supervisor under their jurisdiction will be assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment that adheres to Sprouts Core Values
- Motivates, organizes and encourages teamwork to help meet productivity targets
- Communicates with various company personnel, vendors and other customers
- Responds to issues and concerns in a timely manner by email, fax, telephone, etc.
- Directs dispatching to ensure timely and accurate scheduling of shipments
- Coordinates inter-company transfer of product for store deliveries
- Coordinates any secondary deliveries due to any shortages or mistakes on original scheduled delivery
- Directs receiving to ensure proper count and physical inspection of merchandise by the quality control Department; manages proper distribution of product
- Ensures stock is properly rotated according to Sprouts’ standards
- Insuring the proper maintenance of all distribution center equipment such as forklifts, refrigeration system, etc.
- Makes sure all products are stored in the correct condition and temperature
- Responsible for maintaining the distribution center is in full compliance with all Federal, State and local regulatory safety, labor, worker’s comp and health requirements ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Responsible for controlling labor cost and for minimizing shrink. Maintains operating budget related to freight, repairs & maintenance and other costs
- Directs employee relations issues for the distribution center, hiring, training, motivating, conduct performance reviews, conflict resolution and discipline in concert with Human Resources Department
- Fulfilling objectives and directions from the corporate office
- Overseeing metrics on daily, weekly and monthly as needed
- Bachelor Degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Business, Supply Chain or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive distribution management experience
- Experience in computerized distribution and transportation management systems
- Proven experience in developing and managing annual operating plans (P&L)
- Be able to implement change management by driving, influencing and inspiring employees at all levels
- Must have good leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess effective time management, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be resourceful and effective at building partnerships in and outside of the company, be able to use all resources to effectively solve problems
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Office Applications
- Be able to multi-task, set priorities, pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Able to work in a fast paced environment while working within strict time frames and deadlines
- Working with WMS and ERP systems
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, Local laws and regulations that are specific to a distribution center operation
- This position will work in a distribution center. Typically, this environment is subject to extreme temperature changes ranging from 34-55 degrees, moisture, noise, odors, and moving equipment
- Operating forklifts or pallet jacks on occasion
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 75 lbs.
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.