Directs and coordinates operations of region ready mix, block, and concrete products organization. This includes ready mix production and delivery of all product lines to minimize costs and achieve optimum productivity and efficiency for the organization. This position is also responsible for environmental and safety issues to reduce liabilities and exposure.
- Exercises discretion and judgment in supervising the Readymix Concrete workforce. These tasks include hiring, directing, counseling and disciplining, including suspending employees from work or discharge for serious rule infractions or poor job performance, if necessary
- Actively participates in safety programs and accident prevention
- Enforces safety rules
- Provides oversight of daily batching operations
- Ensures product quality standards
- Has responsibility for facility and fleet maintenance including record keeping requirements
- Ensures that plant housekeeping and organization meets company standards.
- Contributes to CAPEX requests
- Plans & Manages the materials and services forecast for the company's operations.
- Ensures appropriate customer service levels to all the company's customers.
- Is responsible for controlling the company's operating costs.
- Manages and continually assess skill levels of direct reports:
- Warehouse (working capital)
- All local Procurement functions - Logistics, Purchasing etc.
- Plant Managers, Plant Superintendents, Leadmen, Coordinators, Delivery Managers, Customer Service Representatives
- Manages operations chain for efficient operations
- Maintains optimum inventory levels
- Interviews and selects new employees
- Effectively addresses internal customer concerns/complaints
- Perform all tasks assigned by supervisor
- Must have 2-3 years supervisory experience in plant management
- Possess 5 years of readymix concrete experience
- ACI Level One
- DOT Batch Certification
- Valid drivers license
- Deep knowledge of concrete operations
- Manage material planning and budgeting for country operations
- Knowledge of supply market trends
- Understands & applies principles of cost accounting
- Knowledge concrete-aggregate businesses
- Understands the company's business strategy and objectives
- Analytical thinking - problem solver that seeks best solution(s)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player - works well with others and is capable of collaborating across regions & functions
- Ethical and high compliance to institutional policies
- Communicates effectively
- Mature leadership skills - manages and develops others well
- Manages conflict
- Willingness to travel as required
- Capable to work extended hours as needed
- Requires full days and is available to handle situations typical within the business
- Frequent plant and job site visits in varied weather conditions
- Capable of working in an open concept office environment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland