As a District Sales Manager, you will lead an engaged team of Health Enthusiasts. You will Recruit, motivate and retain a team of high-performing and driven sales managers. You will deliver outstanding customer service by providing a welcoming and well-maintained environment to customers through your team, effective facility maintenance, and grassroots management. You will also Identify and celebrate operational successes and develop and implement strategies to capitalize on opportunities in your district.
- Provides strategic leadership, planning, and execution of solutions for current and future business needs.
- Builds strong partnerships with Regional Vice President and Field Leadership team; coaches Field associates (Health Enthusiasts) in delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Utilizes data, trend analysis, statistical reports, and benchmarking to conduct root cause analysis of current state and identification of metric-driven solutions.
- Provides leadership and assessment of Health Enthusiasts' performance to ensure identification and development of high-potentials and bench strength.
- Holds profit & loss responsibility for the market while ensuring consistent policy and procedure compliance.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and overall direction of accountabilities for store management teams in order to meet District, Region, and Company goals.
- Ensures the safety/security of company assets, customers, and Health Enthusiasts through regular store visits and training of store standards/compliance with company and government safety standards.
- Effectively communicates business and financial objectives to management teams; audits store performance, collects data and communicates store results to Regional Vice President.
- Store Managers, Field Training Managers and Nutritionist (if applicable)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university or relevant experience is required
- 3-5 years related and relevant, multi-store experience as a District Sales Manager in a retail environment
- High level of professional and interpersonal ability and flexibility, combined with solid problem-solving skills and a strategic business sense.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable
Equal Opportunity Policy
The Vitamin Shoppe is an equal opportunity employer. We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, separation, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, access to facilities and programs, training and general treatment during employment.
We firmly believe that every Health Enthusiast has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of Health Enthusiasts. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, equal application of fair human resources policies, competitive wages and benefits, and close attention to all health enthusiast matters. The Vitamin Shoppe is committed to the principle of fair and impartial treatment of our Health Enthusiasts.
Health Enthusiasts with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their Human Resources representative. We will not allow any form of retaliation against Health Enthusiasts who raise issues of perceived discrimination in good faith. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.