Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems in the System Test Engineering (STE) Department is seeking an individual on a Restricted Program to fill the role of the Electrical Design Section Manager (15%-20% coverage) and lead a team of about12 to 15 electrical design engineers supportingthe variousrestricted programsin El Segundo, CA.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
- Working closely with the STE Department Manager and fellow section managers to implement department and CoE initiatives
- Ensuring successful planning and execution of program system test engineering activities
- Collaborating with programs to satisfy staffing needs and provide operations support (incident investigations, metrics collection and analysis, etc.)
- Setting Talent+ goals and providing regular performance feedback to employees
- Supporting the annual salary review and promotion process
- Mentoring and developing the next generation of technical and project leadership
- Improving and enforcing system test engineering processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience with a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree and 3 years of combined experience in any of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Avionics or Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Project Management.
- Active in scope Secret clearance
- Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active SCI clearance
- Minimum of 1 year of Leadership experience preferably leading other engineers
- Prior functional management service experience
- Familiarity with current spacecraft and payload programs across NGAS