Manager Employee Health Workers Compensation Corporate Wellness AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Understands the strategies and goals of Workers Comp, Occupational Health, and Employee Health and Wellness areas. Translates those strategies and goals into EH/Wellness deliverables.
- Becomes an integral part of the Department Leadership team.
- Provides up to date assessment of organization’s EH/Wellness needs and articulates how we are
- adapting strategies and tactics to meet those needs.
- Coordinates and manages wellness screenings, data analysis of screening and aggregate reports as required.
- Manages Corporate Wellness initiatives and goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with multiple disciplines, various insurances, businesses, corporations in the community to set up corporate wellness initiatives.
- Assists with marketing of Corporate Wellness programs and screenings.
- Accountable for the quality and quantity of nursing care.
- Develops and maintains the policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains and reviews the record keeping system for mandated Hearing Protection Program and Respiratory Protection Program as mandated by OSHA
- Works closely with Nursing Administration in the evaluation and record keeping system for the Safe Lifting Program and review compliance needs on an annual basis
- Develops and implements new procedures.
- Develops medical directives in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates health education programs.
- Establishes, maintains, and reviews the recordkeeping system that ensures confidentiality and meets legal requirements.
- Supervises a staff of registered nurses and other patient care employees in the delivery of healthcare consistent with the standards of practice and organization policy. Interviews, selects, and orients staff.
- Conducts in-service education to ensure standardized application of policy and quality of care.
What You Will Need:
- BSN - Graduate of an accredited school for Registered Nursing
- Three years’ management experience and oversight of Employee or Occupational Heatlh Services .
- Five years’ experience in Employee Health, Occupational Health, Workers Compensation or Industrial Health.
- Floirda license as Registered Nurse
Works with Department leadership to develop and facilitate key strategies, addressing individual and organizational needs for Employee Health, Workers Compensation and Clinical and Corporate Wellness. Manages all aspects of department including but not limited to New Hire Screening, Employee Vaccinations, Exposures, Workers Compensation Investigations and Follow up, Return to Work, and all paperwork for department. Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and with Infection Control. Leads efforts for continuous improvement of Employee Health compliance and Wellness initiatives by ensuring internal customer satisfaction and delivery of value. Effectively manages department budget for all supplies and labor and clinical oversight and management of Tampa, Carrollwood and Connector clinics. Provides clinical guidance as appropriate to all EHS Managers in the WFD.
Advises management on government regulations relating to health and safety, and recommends necessary action to attain compliance. Monitors existing and potential environmental concerns and recommends priorities for resolution. Identifies common safety/health hazards inherent in the organization's operations and establishes guidelines for protection from hazards. Audits programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions. Coordinates necessary resources to implement programs. Maintains relationships with regulatory and government agency personnel. Monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions and alerts line management to problems. Investigates major accidents or problem areas and recommends future preventive measures. Develops training programs.
Directs and coordinates appropriate, timely and cost-effective delivery of health care related to disability, urgent and emergency care, work limitations, transitional return to work plans, accommodations and part-time work for workers compensation and non-workers compensation illness and injury. Determines service needs, selects and evaluates the services of appropriate network providers, and makes recommendations for retention or removal from the network. Identifies and coordinates the process of cases requiring physician-level review and implements recommendations. Identifies cases involving high-frequency and high-risk injuries/illnesses and performs ongoing evaluation and treatment plans. Determines essential job functions and identifies and implements necessary limitations, accommodations and part-time work for high-frequency/high-risk cases to reduce the length of disability.
Works with corporate environmental industries, insurances and community organizations in Tampa Bay to promote wellness initiatives through healthy living resources, support and screenings using a team approach with other Hospital Programs. This position works with various hospital sites.