Data Analytics andEngineering is looking for a passionate leader of data management to manage 2-3agile development squads supporting our business strategies for Agency,Strategic Partnerships & Finance. You will be responsible for leadingthe implementation of data products in these domains, partnering with yourbusiness counterpart in executing the markets strategic vision. You will alsowork with Product Owners and stakeholders to ensure that our go-forwardbusiness projects and technology choices, both in the cloud and on premises areadvancing. This role will report to the Senior Director of Business SolutionsEngineering within the GRM U.S. Technology Information Management organization.
We are an organizationspread among New Hampshire, Boston, Indianapolis and Seattle. You will manageup to 15 analysts, developers & scrum masters located in Boston, MA, Dover,NH and Seattle, WA
- Develop and maintain a strong collaborative and trusting relationship with your team and business partners, including the Product Owner (PO) leadership in the GRM US Data Office.
- Support the teams through servant leadership by providing coaching and mentoring to empower and inspire Data Engineers, Analysts and Scrum Masters.
- Extend and scale our agile practice by partnering with coaches, leaders and team members to empower and improve team dynamics and delivery.
- Ensure team understands the vision and objectives of the organization and how their backlog and priorities support achieving those objectives.
- Support teams by removing risks, issues and overall delivery impediments.
- Partner with peer leaders to lead and support initiatives that invest in strengthening the organization as a best place to work and talent destination
- Develop, maintain and grow industry and technology expertise related to agency, strategic partnerships and finance.
- Implement and influence business and IT vision and roadmaps for data solutions across the aligned functional domains.
- Advocate for and deliver technical investment features to maintain and run existing data assets and solutions in conjunction with developing new capabilities by articulating objective risks and impacts to business value.
- Evangelize data quality and security, stable and reliable systems, engineering excellence and testing practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two to Four (2-4) or more years of demonstrated experience leading people and/or teams; indirectly or directly.
- Generally, three to five (3-5) years hands-on experience developing data platforms, data tools, and/or depth of data management technologies.
- Strong team building and people management skills in a matrixed and geographically dispersed organization.
- Experience with traditional and modern data warehousing, data lake, analytics and reporting technologies such as Teradata, MicroStrategy, Informatica, AWS/Cloud.
- Knowledge of agile engineering practices, development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and tools (Jira, Slack, VersionOne).
- A “bar-raiser” mentality and are driven to motivate and lead teams to achieve great things.
- Customer/business focus with ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus.
- Strong process orientation with effective organizational, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location US-WA-Seattle
Education LevelBachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time