Provide leadership, and direct and manage plant-engineering operations to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provide direction and leadership consistent with plant business plan goals.
- Responsible for leading all engineering activities in the plant.
- Direct and drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer issues.
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Provide input into quoting and business development activities (ex. pricing, program management, plant capacity, etc.)
- Direct engineering department process improvements and corrective actions.
- Provide leadership essential to maintaining safety as a fundamental priority in department based activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary training, tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Provide key input into the development of the Plant''s strategic business plan and identify and track key measurable to support plant business plan goals.
- Develop and drive the development of departmental strategic goals and identify and track key measurable to support the department goals.
- Track, monitor and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Assist, as required, plant activities to achieve customer cost reductions goals.
- Develop, drive and support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001,etc.)
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Oversee department-manning levels to assure compliance and improvements to the budget.
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication of engineering goals.
- Ensure accountability and discipline within the engineering department.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required procedures in performing daily activities and hold direct reports accountable for enforcement.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, and to verify individual usage of personal protective equipment by the entire work team.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Associate Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Production, IT, Quality, Materials, Maintenance, Accounting, HR and corporate functions.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises engineering staff in the plant.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in Engineering or Engineering cross discipline.
- Minimum five to seven years experience in an automotive/metals/assembly environment.
- Possess knowledge of plant department functions and interacts to facilitate overall plant synergy.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team in effective problem solving methods.
- Demonstrated experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard quality practices.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive operating techniques into applications and results.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical computations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Outstanding Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Active Listening Skills
- Conflict Negotiation