Come work for the technology leader in travel! The Lodging Platform team is seeking an Engineering Manager to work on our hotel partner tools. We’re looking for an individual who loves working on web applications and wants to create modern, fast, easy-to-use user interfaces for our partners located around the globe.
Our business is global, bringing millions of travelers and suppliers together from around the world. Our operating environment is high scale, running millions of web transactions every day. Our industry is rapidly changing, requiring our engineering teams to innovate and adapt quickly to a wide variety of business and technical challenges.
Our team has adopted a devops model and our engineers are involved in every aspect of the application lifecycle. We release software to production multiple times a day and measure how our applications perform so we can continuously improve our features and our underlying platform.
If you’re a passionate technologist with experience leading teams and delivering scalable web applications then we want to hear from you.
- You will lead a team of engineers to design and implement features used by hundreds of thousands of our hotel partners.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team, guide development standards and help define our application architecture.
- You'll own end-to-end delivery of projects including specification writing, software design, coding, quality, and production support.
- Work with Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Operations teams and other partners across Expedia to deliver features.
- Help improve engineering processes with the goal of improving consistency, maintainability, scalability, and executional efficiency across the organization.
- Experience with agile, iterative development frameworks like Scrum.
- 6+ years experience in software development with a history of shipping large projects in a high-scale, global environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of leading or managing an engineering team.
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess a quality-focused mindset that takes performance, scalability and serviceability into consideration as part of the development process.
- Experience developing globalized applications supporting many browsers, devices, locales, customer roles, etc.
- Working knowledge of domain-drive design patterns and the benefits of moving to them.
- A BS degree in a CS or equivalent experience.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.